This Episode’s Focus On Strengths
Ian Altman joined me to bust the myth that you’re always selling ideas at work. In this episode, you’ll see instead how you should stop trying to persuade and convince. Stop trying to push your solution. Stop focusing on your value. And start focusing on their problems. Start serving them from their perspective.
What You’ll Learn
It’s only after standing in their shoes that you can understand if you’re a good fit anyway. You’ll see how flipping your perspective can avert disaster and ensure results. Ian shares wisdom that will help you:
- Present to senior executive in a way that feels relevant to them.
- Understand the ancient, mythical creature called empathy.
- Stop selling your ideas. Stop persuading. Stop trying to convince. He offers you a better way.
- Get your customer to convince you that their issues are painful enough that they’re worth solving.
- Hear the song “Dancin’ In The Streets” in your head for the rest of your day today.
- Focus on fit–and whether you have solutions for problems your audience cares about.
- Changing your finish line with clients to the results the other party is looking for rather than the moment you get your “yes”.
- Get more high-five-worthy moments with clients.
- Find out why you should stop asking, “who else needs to be involved in this decision?”
- Get a Quadrant more magic that the ones from Gartner: 1) Issue 2) Impact & Importance 3) Results 4) Others Impacted
- Avoid feeling like you’re making ATM transactions with your customer.
- See how Ian grew and sold businesses that impressed even Dr. Evil.
Resource of the Episode
Strengths Tools For Managers
One of the best ways leaders can build a strengths-based culture is to offer an appreciation of strengths in action. If you’ll notice what works, you’ll get more of what works because people can replicate what they’ve already done well. Get started by downloading this awesome tool that offers you 127 Easy Ways to Recognize Strengths on your team.
Subscribe To The Lead Through Strengths Podcast
To subscribe and review, here are your links for listening in iTunes and Stitcher Radio. You can also stream any episode right from this website. Subscribing is a great way to never miss an episode. Let the app notify you each week when the latest episode gets published.