This Episode’s Focus On Strengths
Ryan Rhoten joined me to chat about using your natural talents to understand and design your Personal Brand. If you want to have a rockin’ career, you need to know what your brand is (you have one whether you tried to or not). And then you can do branding efforts to leverage your personal strengths.
What You’ll Learn
You’ll hear a personal story–how Ryan discovered the importance of knowing how others perceive you at work (and on Google). You’ll see how taking the StrengthsFinder assessment was his starting point for understanding the talents he needed to lean into at work. And:
- How you can take strengths like “Whiteboard Weirdo” and turn them into you biggest brand asset.
- Using your natural talents so that you can consciously select your next job–you can use it as a way to vet job descriptions and work cultures.
- If you’re feeling dread and misery at work…this episode might just reveal why.
- What to do when you’re working with leaders who have an opposite style to yours.
- Find out the difference between Personal Brand and Personal Branding. There IS a difference, and Ryan makes a cool distinction so you can align who you are with what you do and then market your strengths to the world.
- What to do when you realize that your current job forces you into your weakness zone.
Resource of the Episode
You’ll also find lots of StrengthsFinder, leadership, and team tools on our Strengths Resources page.
To subscribe and review, here are your links for listening in iTunes and Stitcher radio. Subscribing is a great way to never miss an episode – let the app notify you each week when the latest question gets published. You can also stream any episode live on the website. Just click through the title you like and there will be a player waiting for you on each page. See you there!