This episode’s question
How do I make the leap from an operational role to a sales role?
What you’ll learn
– That you’re not alone if this seems like a tough career conundrum.
– How you can make a major career change (even into an entirely new field) without having to start over in an entry level position.
– Ways that very small or very large companies can present great opportunities to switch departments or roles.
– How to go get real life practice in the newly-desired role rather than simply studying it from an academic viewpoint and crossing your fingers that someone would take a chance on you.
– Steps for building relationships with people who are already in the role: both your future colleagues and the leadership team.
Resource of the episode
Book – Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini.
Tweetable of the episode
If you don’t ask, the answer is no. via @lisacummings
[Tweet “If you don’t ask, the answer is no.”]